There are two sessions in 2019 Whitney Summer Academy: 1st session is Monday June 17 to Wednesday July 3, and 2nd session is Monday July 8 to Friday July 19. Most classes are modular, with each session available as a self-sufficient class (with best benefit from taking both sessions as the modules build upon each other). Note that first and second sessions don’t repeat each other – instead, second session builds upon the first.
Each session runs Monday through Friday.
A day consists of three periods, to which most classes are aligned:
- Early morning (8:00am-10:00am), ending with a 15-minute break
- Late morning (10:15am-12:15pm), ending with a 30-minute lunch break (please bring your lunch)
- Afternoon (12:45pm-2:45pm), ending with a student pick-up or an optional extended 1-hour activities session for 2:45-3:45pm
Every student needs to be picked up no later than 3:55pm.
The price for regular Summer Academy classes (except Performing Arts Camp and RoboCamp) is $100 enrollment fee for each student, plus $160 per each class in the first session and $130 in the second session. The enrollment fee is waived for siblings, or if the student is already enrolled in Performing Arts Camp, RoboCamp or STEM Camp.
Performing Arts Camp will cost $350 for the first student, then $250 for each sibling.
RoboCamp costs $250 with an early bird discount (if paid before May 1), then $325 per student (discounted to $300 per student if a family signs up 2 or more students).
STEM Camp costs $250 with an early bird discount (if paid before May 1), then $300 per student (discounted to $275 per student if a family signs up 2 or more students).
Email us if you have special circumstances, such as travel or other commitments – we will work with you to see if we can accommodate your situation – but please note that we will not be offering fees pro-ration for days the student will need to miss.
Very limited number of full or partial scholarships will be considered on the need basis, via recommendation from Whitney school office.
Enrollment confirmation and tuition payment
Once you select the classes and complete the tuition payment, you will receive a confirmation and Whitney Summer Academy enrollment team will receive your registration. As a registered participant of Whitney Summer Academy program, you will be receiving all updates and additional information, including the detailed program guidelines sent 3-5 days prior to the program start.
– Whitney High Summer Academy will refund 100% of payments for the enrollments that were cancelled before June 1, after applying $20 cancellation fee. Partial cancellation of enrollments will be processed as full cancellation of the package, then enrollment in a different package using most up-to-date prices and discounts.
– Starting June 1, cancellations not initiated by Whitney High Summer Academy will not be refunded. Exceptional circumstances would be reviewed on a case-by-case basis, and and refunds will be made at sole discretion of Whitney High Summer Academy.
– If any cancellations of enrollments are initiated by Whitney High Summer Academy, full refund will be made and the cancellation fee will be waived.