There are two sessions in 2018 Whitney Summer Academy: 1st session is Monday June 18 to Tuesday July 3, and 2nd session is Thursday July 5 to Friday July 20. Most classes are modular, with each session available as a self-sufficient class (with best benefit from taking both sessions as the modules build upon each other). Note that first and second sessions don’t repeat each other except for Heads-Up College Application Writing class – instead, second session builds upon the first.
Each session runs for 12 days, Monday through Friday (with a break between sessions on July 4th Independence Day holiday).
A day consists of three periods, to which most classes are aligned:
- Early morning (8:00am-10:00am), ending with a 15-minute break
- Late morning (10:15am-12:15pm), ending with a 30-minute lunch break (please bring your lunch)
- Afternoon (12:45pm-2:45pm), ending with a student pick-up or an optional extended 1-hour activities session for 2:45-3:45pm
Every student needs to be picked up no later than 3:55pm.
The price is $100 enrollment fee for each student, plus $140 per each session of each class taken. The resulting fees for standard classes look like this:
|1 session (12 days)||2 sessions (24 days)|
Performing Arts Camp will cost $250 plus the enrollment fee
Any siblings (after the first student enrolled) will be waived $100 enrollment fee to make it more affordable for larger families. Email us if you have special circumstances, such as travel or other commitments – we will work with you to see if we can accommodate your situation – but please note that we will not be offering fees pro-ration for days the student will need to miss.
Enrollment confirmation and tuition payment
Once you select the classes and complete the check-out, Whitney Summer Academy enrollment team will receive your request. Within 1-2 days the staff will evaluate your request and either sends you a confirmation/invoice with the tuition fees, or asks to provide additional information if your request can’t be confirmed as it is. As soon as you pay the tuition invoice, the enrollment will be complete.
– Whitney High Summer Academy will refund 100% of payments for the enrollments that were cancelled before June 1. Partial cancellation of enrollments will be processed as full cancellation of the package, then enrollment in a different package using most up-to-date prices and discounts.
– Starting June 1, cancellations not initiated by Whitney High Summer Academy will not be refunded. Exceptional circumstances would be reviewed on a case-by-case basis, and and refunds will be made at sole discretion of Whitney High Summer Academy.
– If any cancellations of enrollments are initiated by Whitney High Summer Academy, full refund will be made.