High school Physics is reserved for upper grades because much of the Physics requires advanced Math. But you don’t need to wait to learn if science is a great path for you. Try Physics before High School – those parts that don’t rely on Calculus, but instead tells you fun facts about everyday life, and then reveals how it works. The course is best to be taken by upcoming 7th or 8th graders.
Part 3: Waves
- Wave Basics: Standing Waves, Period, & Wave Structure
- Sound: Pitch, Timbre, & Echos
- Instruments: Harmonics, Fundamentals, & Strings
- Light: Reflection, Refraction, & Colors
- Earthquakes & Tsunami: Resonance, Faults, & GIS Data
Part 4: Electricity & Magnetism
- Static Electricity: Charges, Induction, & Shocks
- Simple Circuits: Series, Parallel, & Switches
- Magnetism: Ferromagnets, Domains, & Polarization
- Electromagnetism: Cores, Coils, & Current
- Motors & Generators: Simple Electric Motor & Turbines
Teacher: Eamon Marchant, Whitney
Module 2 starts Monday July 10 and ends Friday July 21.